Links to More Potato Interests and Information
This collection of links offers a selection of key contacts for research, government and agency organizations world-wide, with a brief introduction to each.
- Cygnet Potato Breeders Limited
The largest potato breeding program in the UK
- Food Park
FoodPark Company is a holding company created in 2001 by support of UNIDO to run the FoodPark Project in Dmitrov District of Moscow Region in Russia
- McCain Foods Limited
McCain Foods website with links to individual country websites and product information
- Prince Edward Island Potato Board, Canada
Representing potato growers of Prince Edward Island to develop and promote the potato industry …..
- Irish Potato Marketing
Headquartered in Ireland, IPM is an international leader in seed potato
variety innovation, production and marketing.
The primary publication of the Canadian potato industry
- Badger Common’Tater
The official voice of the Wisconsin Potato & Vegetable Growers Association
- Prince Edward Island, Department of Agriculture
- W.P. Griffin Inc.
W.P. Griffin Inc. is a family owned and operated business that has a proud heritage of over 60 years in the Prince Edward Island, Canada, potato industry
- Agrico Cooperatie
Agrico is a Dutch farmers cooperative of specialist potato growers with headquarters in Emmeloord, Holland
Potato technology for field and storage
- Cavendish Farms
Cavendish Farms is a quality producer of frozen potato products for retail, restaurant and quick service markets throughout Canada, USA, the Caribbean, Europe and Asia
One of the worlds largest private seed potato companies
- Ag World Support Systems
A family owned potato inspection company, headquartered in Moses Lake, WA, USA
A third generation family owned potato business based in New Zealand
- APH Group
A group of first class machinery manufacturers, offering a complete range of equipment for potato, onion and carrot production.
- Wada Farms
Wada Farms has been cultivating excellence for over 65 years as a leading grower and packer in the potato industry. Based in Idaho, this family-owned and operated business is dedicated toward the delivery of fresh and innovative products sustainably.
- United Potato Growers of America
United Potato Growers of America is a national farmer cooperative headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah. Through United membership, growers receive direction on preparing for market, and have a direct voice in determining the price they receive for their potatoes.
Dewulf presents top of the range harvesting technology, specialized in the field of potatoes and carrots. Dewulf rightfully calls itself the harvester specialist, because worldwide, more and more farmers and contractors are choosing Dewulf technology for their harvesting needs.
- AS Wilcox & Sons Ltd.
A third generation family owned potato business based in New Zealand
A science-based products and services company
- Balle Bros
The Balle Bros Group is one of New Zealand’s foremost integrated agricultural businesses. They specialise in the growing, packaging and marketing of the most fresh New Zealand produce.
- Potato Pro
A new website containing daily news on the Potato processing sector, and loads of additional information relevant for the global potato processing sector.
- Pan European Potato Enterprise Ltd.
Seed and table potatoes from Scotland, England and Northern Ireland
- Steelway Building Systems
Steelway Building Systems specializes in the design and manufacturing of steel buildings.
As the world’s leading supplier of conventional and biotechnology crop solutions, Syngenta have a broad product line designed to improve crop yields and food quality.
Valtra is a tractor company which develops, manufactures, markets and services tractors of the make Valtra.
- Vanmark Corporation
industry leader in innovation, design and manufacture of peelers for the food industry, as well as a wide range of other food processing equipment, parts and services.
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
This site has information on agriculture in Canada, research, programs and services, markets, environment …..
- Australia – Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry
Provide customer services to the agricultural, food, fisheries and forest industries, and addresses the challenges of natural resource management …..
- Brazil – Ministry of Agriculture and Supply
- Canadian Horticultural Council
The Canadian Horticultural Council (CHC) is a voluntary, not-for-profit, national association with a long and proud history of representing the dynamic and diverse sector of Canadian agriculture known as horticulture.
- China (Republic of) – Council of Agriculture
Basic stats, trade information, biotechnology activities, …..
- Colombia – Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development
In Spanish only
- Costa Rica – Ministry of Agriculture and Cattle
In Spanish only
- Croatia – Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry
In Serbo-Croatian language only
- Czech Republic – Ministry of Agriculture
In Czech only
- Denmark – Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Fisheries
In Danish, English available on site
- Estonia – Ministry of Agriculture
In Estonian and English. Provides information on plant protection, agri-chemistry, agricultural ennvironment, pedigree and variety breeding, feed production and agricultural machinery
- Finland – Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry
In Finnish, Swedish, and English. Basic agriculture information, horticulture section, statistics, publications, …..
- Germany – Federal Ministry for Food, Agriculture and Forestry
In German, French, and English. This site contains facts and figures, information on research projects, organic farming, travel advisories, …..
- Great Britain and Northern Ireland – Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food (MAFF)
Information on news releases, statistics, research, publications,basic agiculture information …..
- Greece – Hellenic Ministry of Agriculture
In Greek and English only
- Guatemala – Ministry of Agriculture, Cattle and Food
In Spanish only
- Iceland – Ministry of Agriculture
Ministry of Fisheries and Agriculture in Iceland
- India – Department of Agriculture and Co-operation, Ministry of Agriculture
In Hindi and English. Statistics, programmes, weather, documents, …..
- Ireland – Department of Agriculture, Food and Rural Development
Publications, areas of interest, links, basic agriculture information, …..
- Korea (Republic of) – Ministry of Agriculture & Forestry
In Korean and English. Facts and figures on agricultural production, food consumption, developments in the agricultural sector, …..
- Scottish Government – Agricultural
Scottish agriculture accounts for 5 per cent of the rural workforce and contributes 1.3 per cent GVA to the Scottish economy.
- The Netherlands – Ministry of Agriculture, Nature and Food Quality
In Dutch and English. Statistics, facts and figures, policy information, …..
- Belgapom, Belgium
Covers the activities of the Belgian potato trade and processing industry. Information available in Dutch, French, and English.
- Empire State Potato Growers, Inc. , United States
Find lots of information about potatoes, the Potato Growers, programs, features,…..
Covers the activities of the European potato trade and of RUCIP, the standards, expertise, ……
- European Association for Potato Research
Promoting exchange between various countries, both in and outside Europe, of scientific and general information relating to all facets of potato growing and utilization. And encouraging and assisting international cooperation in the field.
- Global Potato News
Current top news stories from the global potato industry, press releases, articles, market information, trends, directories, links, …..
- Idaho Crop Improvement Association, United States
Official seed certifying agency for Idaho …..
- Idaho Grower Shippers Association, United States
Idaho news, list of members, …..
- Idaho Potato Commission, United States
Promoting Idaho potatoes …..
- Maine Potato Board, United States
Provide for the advancement of the Maine potato industry …..
- Minnesota Seed Potato Growers Association, United States
Information on varieties, seed potato growers, and ag-related sites of interest …..
- National Potato Council, United States
Represents all U.S. potato growers, providing a unified voice on a national level in legislative, regulatory, environmental, …..
- National Potato Promotion Board, United States
Promoting US potatoes …..
- NIVAP, The Netherlands
Promotion of Dutch seed potatoes, ware potatoes, …..
- Plantum NL – The Netherlands
In Dutch and English. The Dutch association for breeding, tissue culture, production and trade of seeds and young plants …..
- Potato Council, United Kingdom
Developing and promoting the British potato industry …..
- Potato Growers of Alberta, Canada
Agricultural organization that aims to increase the success of the potato growing industry in the province …..
- Potatoes New Brunswick
Represents the province’s potato farmers …..
- Potatoes New Zealand
Potatoes New Zealand represents the interests of New Zealand’s seed, table, and process potato growers…..
- Potatoes South Africa
An industry-related organisation which supports the potato industry to promote and develop …..
A regional potato network that offers useful information on the andean tuber. In Spanish only…..
- San Luis Valley Potato Administrative Committee, United States
Promoting Colorado potatoes…..
- Saskatchewan Seed Potato Growers Association, Canada
Promoting and developing the potato industry in Saskatchewan …..
- Teton Seed Marketing Association
A single source for all major varieties of potatoes along with …..
- Washington State Potato Commission, United States
Promoting and developing Washington potatoes …..
- Western Growers Association, United States
Dedicated to providing quality services and programs that benefit and enhance the competitiveness of WGA members in the Arizona and California fresh produce industry …..
- Wisconsin Potato and Vegetable Growers Association, United States
Representing the potato growers of Wisconsin …..
Potato Research Institutes and Associations
- Agricultural Research Council, South Africa
Under Institutions link to ARC-Vegetable and Ornamental Plant Institute …..
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada : Potato Research Centre, Canada
Development of new cultivars and technologies for the production, handling, and management of potatoes…..
- CIP: The International Potato Center , Peru
The International Potato Centre (known by its Spanish acronym, CIP) seeks to reduce poverty and achieve food security on a sustained basis in developing countries through scientific research and related activities on potato, sweetpotato, other root and tuber crops, and on the improved management of natural resources in the Andes and other mountain areas……..
- European Food Round Table
The European Food Sustainable Consumption and Production Round Table is an initiative, co-chaired by the European Commission and food supply chain partners, which aims to establish the food chain as a major contributor towards sustainable consumption and production in Europe.
- Horticultural Research & Development Corporation (HRDC), Australia
Providing comprehensive and professional research, development, and marketing services …..
- Michigan State University Potato Breeding and Genetics Program, United States
Research on breeding and genetics …..
- Michigan State University: Potato Web Portal, United States
Information on insects, diseases, nematodes, breeding, agricultural engineering, …..
- MTT Agrifood Research Finland
Provide scientific research information, develop, and promote the transfer of new technology for the agriculture and food sector ……
- New Zealand Institute for Crop and Food Research
Provide quality research, technologies and services to support the development of high quality products …..
- Nordic Gene Bank, Nordic Countries
Preserve and document the genetic variation in Nordic agricultural and horticultural plant species …..
- Potato Research Institute, Brasov, Romania
- Potato Research Program of the National Agrarian University (UNALM), Peru
Unit of research and academic training, within the UNALM’s School of Agriculture, focusing on potatoes …..
- Scottish Crop Research Institute, United Kingdom
International centre for research on agricultural, horticultural and industrial crops important to northern Britain, the rest of the UK and the World, …..
- Seed Potato Centre, Finland
Maintenance of healthy seed material and basic seed production of the potato varieties cultivated in Finland or produced for export …..
- Swedish University Of Agricultural Sciences (SLU), Sweden
Research, teaching, continuous environmental assessment and information extension …..
- Taiwan Agricultural Research Institute
The institute conducts both basic and applied research for various field, agronomic and horticultural crops in the fields of breeding and genetics, …..
- The European Cultivated Potato Database
A new resource for potato breeders, scientists and farmers. Information on: Pedigree, Health status of collections, Resistance to pests and diseases, Botanical, agronomic and quality characteristics.
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA): Small Grains & Potato Germplasm Research
Develop improved potato varieties for processing and fresh market uses …..
- University of Idaho (Kimberley): Potato Storage Research Facility, United States
Information on potato storage research, Idaho Disease Reporter, late blight update …..
- University of Manitoba – Potato Research Group, Canada
This site contains information on soil, irrigation, diseases, pests, storage, processing, …..